https://www.procarton.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/multichannel_cover_e_cut.jpg 400 600 esterling@admin https://www.procarton.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/logo-232.png esterling@admin2015-05-11 00:00:002021-11-07 16:01:22The retail trade wants cartons
Multi-channel is changing retail structures – and this also affects packaging. As a consequence, Pro Carton commissioned the EHI Retail Institute to conduct the following study: "Multi-channel: requirements, trends and potentials for product packaging in E-Commerce“. 80 per cent of the retail trade regard cartons as the packaging of choice. A synopsis in form of a brochure is available as of now from Pro Carton and is free of charge. Of all the members in the Packaging Supply Chain, the retail trade is closest to consumers. It is the first to know which solutions are well accepted by customers. Continuous thought is already been given to the best use of digital options to build a new, perfect distribution system. The study was conducted among leading multi-channel retailers as well as brand owners and gives a first impression of the future between the retail trade and packaging. Cartons have tremendous potential: in response to the question, "Which product packaging meets the requirements for shipping especially well?", cartons clearly lead the ranking with 80 per cent. The interview responders listed the following key areas which are key for packaging in multi-channel distribution:
- Display in online shop
- Brand-adequate design of product packaging for distribution
- Gift packaging
- Shipping and returns
- Customised packaging volumes
- Attractive, brand-adequate designed gift packaging which can be handled efficiently and in a standardised manner
- Packaging solutions which offer good protection for sensitive goods during transport
- Product packaging that can also be used as packaging for shipping
- Packaging solutions, intelligently designed, which are suitable for both B2B applications as well as for B2C applications.
- 360 degree display and clear graphic contours make cartons an excellent choice for display on the Internet.
- Cartons provide equally good product protection over different sizes at low weight.
- Next to classical gift wrapping, cartons are largely used for high quality gift packaging.
- In terms of shape and strength it is therefore ideally suited for different sizes and offers opportunities for new, modular solutions.