- With an annual production volume of 750,000 tons of folding boxboard and coated kraft back (CKB), the machine will be one of the largest of its kind in Europe after conversion
- The tailor-made full-line scope of supply includes state-of-the-art solutions that enable maximum production and resource efficiency with a minimum CO2 footprint
- The renewed line will utilize Voith’s technologically leading solutions
Stora Enso has entrusted the leading full-line supplier Voith with the conversion of a former paper machine. The machine at the northern Finnish site in Oulu previously produced coated graphic papers. After the successful conversion, the machine will produce high-quality folding boxboard and coated kraft back (CKB). With a production volume of 750,000 tons per year, the plant will be the largest board machine in Europe. Start-up is scheduled for early 2025.
It was important to Stora Enso that the converted line offers optimal production efficiency while meeting the highest environmental standards, especially excellent heat recovery. With the converted line, the company can achieve the highest production capacity in Europe for high-quality packaging made of folding boxboard and CKB.
Recent Pro Carton Member News:
- Major Investments in the future of MM Board & Paper Mills
- Production to re-start at RDM Blendecques mill
- Stora Enso and Huhtamaki launch industrial scale recycling programme for paper cups in Europe
- Metsä Board Kaskinen folding boxboard mill EIA procedure has started
- Metsä Board publishes a video series on the sustainably managed forest cycle