Metsä Board has published new detailed roadmaps to help visualise the measures it will take to achieve the 2030 targets regarding climate change and water use. Roadmaps will be updated at least once a year, both in terms of the actual performance and future investments. Future investments, which are at the planning stage, are also included in the roadmaps.
The interactive roadmaps can be used to explore both historical and projected measures mill-by-mill, and their impact on achieving the targets. In the climate roadmap there are two sections – the journey towards 100% fossil-free energy and working towards zero CO2 emissions. The water roadmap describes how the reduction of process water use per product tonne is expected to proceed.
Metsä Board’s targets include that, by the end of 2030, its mills will phase out the use of any fossil fuels and any fossil-based purchased energy meaning that production will no longer generate any fossil-based carbon dioxide emissions.
Recent Pro Carton Member News:
- Weig brothers: “Cardboard is increasingly replacing plastic”
- RDM Group releases its Sustainability Booklet 2021
- Stora Enso invests in conversion to accelerate growth in renewable packaging
- BillerudKorsnäs becomes Billerud
- Metsä Board starts pre-engineering for new folding boxboard mill in Kaskinen, Finland