https://www.procarton.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/ICFPA-2021_Final-Draft_19-04-2021-01.jpg 0 0 Sun Chemical https://www.procarton.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/logo-232.png Sun Chemical2021-04-30 09:31:362021-04-30 09:31:36Forest Sustainability Report
The International Council of Forest and Paper Associations (ICFPA) has released its biennial Sustainability Progress Report which demonstrates strong progress in seven key areas of sustainability. The ICFPA serves as a forum for global dialogue, coordination and co-operation among 18 pulp, paper, wood and fibre-based associations across 28 countries. The 2021 ICFPA Sustainability Progress Report shows progress on nearly all of the sector’s performance indicators, using the most recent data available (2018-2019). The 2021 report also highlights the forest products sector’s global response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Key progress on ICFPA’s sustainability performance indicators include:
- In 2019, 52.6% of procured wood fibre came from third-party certified sustainably-managed forests, a 41% increase from the 2000 baseline year.
- Greenhouse gas emission intensity decreased 21% from the 2004/2005 baseline year.
- The energy share of biomass and other renewable fuels increased to 64.9%, a 12% increase since 2004/2005.
- Sulphur dioxide emission intensity from on-site combustion sources decreased 77% from the 2004/2005 baseline year and 38% from the previous report.
- Water use intensity decreased 12.5% from the baseline year.