Billerud has come second when Lund University and the business newspaper, Dagens Industri, ranked the 131 largest companies on the stock exchange in Sweden from a sustainability perspective.
“We are proud to have been awarded second place out of 131 audited Swedish companies in the 2022 edition of Sustainable Companies. This recognition shows that we stand tall in Swedish industry and that our forward leaning perspective, long-term proactive sustainability work and high ambitions are appreciated. We will continue to develop our sustainability work and constantly strive to improve to meet the challenges and opportunities of the future,” says Matthew Hirst, EVP of Commercial and Sustainability, Billerud.
For the fifth year in a row, Lund University, in collaboration with Dagens Industri, assessed the stock exchange’s largest companies in Sweden from a sustainability perspective. The aim is to examine the companies’ ambitions, performance and priorities. In the overall ranking, Billerud comes second among the reviewed companies and is the industry winner in the ‘Materials’ category.
This year, the report has put special focus on the companies’ work in in-depth risk and scenario analysis and sustainability management. This is because these are critical areas in the transition of business and companies in terms of climate and sustainability.
Recent Pro Carton Member News:
- Metsä Sustainability Masterclass – Register Now
- Stora Enso commissions Voith to convert a former paper machine into Europe’s largest board machine at its Oulu site in Finland
- Major Investments in the future of MM Board & Paper Mills
- Production to re-start at RDM Blendecques mill
- Stora Enso and Huhtamaki launch industrial scale recycling programme for paper cups in Europe