PRO CARTON YOUNG DESIGNERS AWARD 2019
The Pro Carton Young Designers Award is now one of Europe’s leading annual young talent competitions for packaging design. It also plays a pioneering role in promoting sustainability as it focuses exclusively on cartonboard design!
Entries were submitted across four categories:
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging: Eat & Drink: The focus lies on cartonboard as the most sustainable food and beverages packaging material and its recyclability. Give us a taste of great design!
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging: All other: This category focussed on using the most sustainable packaging material for non-food packaging. Everything needs packaging, have a look around yourself and get inspired!
- Creative Cartonboard Ideas: Think outside the box! Here was a chance for you to put forward your cartonboard ideas outside of the packaging market.
- Save the Planet: Every minute a truck load of plastics is dumped in the ocean. You showed us your ideas as to how cartonboard can reduce or replace plastic and help us save the planet!
We made a change to the entry procedure to make participation in the Pro Carton Young Designers Award 2019 easier as well as saving time and cost for you!
Please check the details here.
What you could win:
- The main prize for the 4 category winners was a visit to the Stora Enso in Sweden plus practical training at AR Packaging in Sweden. All expenses paid, of course!
- Furthermore, all winners, finalists and each of their lecturers were invited to the Gala Awards dinner at the European Carton Makers Association (ECMA) Congress in September 2019 in Malta where the European folding carton industry met for this networking event of the year! All expenses were covered by Pro Carton: Travel costs, 2 nights in a luxury hotel, the elegant Award Gala and even a budget for night out in Malta!
- All finalists received framed certificates.
For inspiration take a look at
- the winners, finalists and shortlist for the 2018 Pro Carton Young Designers Award.
- and check out the videos and get an impression of the Award Gala.