Hot, hot, hot
- Carton Converter: Boxmarche spa
- Brand Owner: Forno D’Asolo s.p.a.
- Structural Designer: Michele Pierfederici, Boxmarche spa
- Graphic Designer: Forno D’Asolo s.p.a.
- Cartonboard Manufacturer: Stora Enso
- European Carton Excellence Awards 2012
Boxmarche had the ambition of developing a packaging completely different from all existing concepts. Prior to heating, the two specially designed areas on the sides are pressed inwards using the thumbs to avoid overpressure in the oven.
An excellent concept that worked well and delivered exactly what it was designed to do. Often this type of packaging works well but then using it when the food is hot can be a problem. By having a tear strip in the middle of the carton, when the pannini was cooked the carton can be removed from the oven, split in two and then used to hold the hot pannini. In addition two small push perforations had been added to allow air to escape safely whilst being heated but without the risk of contamination during shipping.