- Carton Converter: Rondo
- Brand Owner: Hoffmann La Roche
- Structural Designer: Ebuel Sirmats/Roche | Cemil Ertürk/Rondo
- Graphic Designer: Ebuel Sirmats, Roche
- Cartonboard Manufacturer: Metsä Board
- European Carton Excellence Awards 2015
Roche employs a standard pack design for a number of clinical trials – the contents make the difference! The contained glass bottles are kept in place using an insert and the double walled design protects the bottles so well from all sides that the carton passed all the required tests. The insert is made of a single piece of cartonboard and bonded in one position only; holders made of plastic or foam are no longer required.
Protection was the key to this pack as the liquid product contained within a glass bottle was held in place by a well engineered carton structure. The judges were immediately impressed with how different bottle shapes and sizes were securely held in place, without the need for foam or other cushioning material, just by clever cartonboard engineering.