- Carton Converter: A&R Carton GmbH
- Brand Owner: Russkij Avangard
- Structural Designer: Russkij Avangard
- Graphic Designer: Russkij Avangard
- Cartonboard Manufacturer: Inner carton: Mayr Melnhof, Outer carton: Stora Enso
- European Carton Excellence Awards 2005
A hexagonal construction holding a bottle of the same shape printed litho in 6 colours with gold and Iriodin lacquer finishes. Hot foil blocking on both sides allied to embossing, offers excellent point of sale impact. A cleverly engineered top closure allows easy removal and replacement of the bottle. The cartonboard for the outer carton was produced by Stora Enso and for the inner carton by Mayr Melnhof.
The jury was of the opinion that this packaging is a celebration of the carton maker’s craft. It brought together the full range of possibilities into one cohesive and interesting carton. The ability to slide the outer cover created a surprise in the changes of shape at the top of the carton. Fine printing and superb structural engineering combined with a variety of finishing techniques made this carton the obvious choice for the Carton of the Year Award.