Consumers and brands around the world are looking for more sustainable alternatives to plastic packaging, with easy recyclability being key. Metsä Board has taken the next step in barrier packaging of the future: a new plastic-free eco-barrier paperboard that can be recycled in paper or paperboard streams.
- Plastic-free alternative for barrier packaging
- Protective and strong yet lightweight, with a medium barrier for grease and moisture
- Recyclable with paper or paperboard
- Safe for direct food contact – fully traceable and pure fresh fibre with no fluorochemicals or optical brighteners (OBA)
- Engaging brand experience – the brightest OBA-free board on the market, with excellent printability
Available in a basis weight range of 195–320 g/m2, MetsäBoard Prime FBB EB is a natural match for a world of packaging end-uses that require barrier properties, such as food service, fresh food, dry food, frozen food as well as for other applications upon testing.