NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES:
PRO CARTON YOUNG DESIGNERS AWARD 2019!
The Pro Carton Young Designers Award is now one of Europe’s leading annual young talent competitions for packaging design. It also plays a pioneering role in promoting sustainability as it focuses exclusively on cartonboard design!
We are excited to announce that submissions for the 2019 Pro Carton Young Designers Award are open and run right through until mid-May 2019, so >> get your creative juices running!
Teachers can plan the Awards into the curriculum for this academic year (see offer of support below); and students, please encourage your teachers to let you participate.
We will invite the 4 category winners plus 6 Finalists to the Awards Gala Dinner which this year is in Malta. And the teachers of the finalists are also invited!
Entries can be submitted across four categories:
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging: Eat & Drink: The focus lies on cartonboard as the most sustainable food and beverages packaging material and its recyclability. Give us a taste of great design!
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging: All other: This category focusses on using the most sustainable packaging material for non-food packaging. Everything needs packaging, have a look around yourself and get inspired!
- Creative Cartonboard Ideas: Think outside the box! Here’s a chance for you to put forward your cartonboard ideas outside of the packaging market.
- Save the Planet: Every minute a truck load of plastics is dumped in the ocean. Show us your ideas as to how cartonboard can reduce or replace plastic and help us save the planet!
Please submit physical 3D samples of your designs, illustrations or two dimensional layouts are also welcome.
What you can win:
- The main prize for the 4 category winners is a visit to the Stora Enso Mill in Sweden plus practical training at AR Packaging in Sweden. All expenses paid, of course!
- Furthermore, all winners, finalists and each of their lecturers will be invited to the Gala Awards dinner at the European Carton Makers Association (ECMA) Congress in September 2018 in Malta where the European folding carton industry will meet for this networking event of the year! All expenses will be covered by Pro Carton: Travel costs, 2 nights in a luxury hotel, the elegant Award Gala and even a budget for night out in Malta!
- All finalists will receive framed certificates.
For inspiration take a look at
- the winners, finalists and shortlist for the 2018 Pro Carton Young Designers Award.
- and check out the videos and get an impression of the Award Gala.
Also, you can see more about the two sponsor companies that will be welcoming the 2019 winners www.storaenso.com
Services for Design Schools and Universities:
We would be happy to support you with >> Publications on cartons and cartonboard, and, above all, complimentary cartonboard for the design work. We want to provide a real hands on learning experience for the students!
If you like us to send you cartonboard for your students you are most welcome to order free of charge here:
- Order by end of November for delivery in December or by end of January for delivery in February.
- Click here to enter your Order/contact info
- The cartonboard for this year´s Award is being sponsored by
It is also possible to arrange for Pro Carton members to come to your school or university and hold workshops on the numerous options that cartonboard and cartons offer (design, technology, production, marketing …).