NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES:
PRO CARTON YOUNG DESIGNERS AWARD 2018!
The Pro Carton Young Designers Award is now one of Europe’s leading annual young talent competitions for packaging design. It also plays a pioneering role in promoting sustainability as it focuses exclusively on cartonboard design!
We are excited to announce that submissions for the 2018 Pro Carton Young Designers Award are open and run right through until mid-May 2018, so >> get your creative juices running!
Teachers can plan the Awards into the curriculum for this academic year (see offer of support below); and students, please encourage your teachers to let you participate.
New for this year: there are more categories and there will be more winners plus more finalists all of whom get to go to the Gala Dinner which this year is in Riga. And don’t forget the teachers of the finalists get to come to the Gala too!
Entries can be submitted across a number of areas such as:
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging: Food & Drink: The focus lies on cartonboard as the most sustainable food and beverages packaging material and its recyclability. Give us a taste of great design!
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging: All Packaging excluding Food & Drink: all non-food packaging using cartonboard which is, of course, both renewable and recyclable.
- Creative Cartonboard Ideas: Think outside the box! Here’s a chance for you to put forward your cartonboard ideas outside of the packaging market.
- Save the Planet: Every minute a truck load of plastics is dumped in the ocean. Show us your ideas as to how cartonboard can reduce or replace plastic and help us save the planet!
Ideally you should submit physical 3D samples of your designs but illustrations or two dimensional layouts are also welcome and this year there will be a special commendation for the best two dimensional submission.
What you can win:
- The main prize for the category winners is a visit to the Metsä Board Mill in Finland plus a practical training at the international carton producer Mayr-Melnhof Packaging International in Austria. All expenses paid!
- Furthermore, the finalists and each of their lecturers will be invited to the Gala Awards dinner and ceremony on 20th of September at the European Carton Makers Association (ECMA) Congress in September 2018 in Riga/Latvia. The European folding carton industry will meet for this networking event of the year! All expenses will be covered by Pro Carton: Travel costs, 2 nights in a luxury hotel, the elegant Award Gala and even a budget for night out in Riga!
- All finalists will receive framed certificates.
For inspiration take a look at
- the winners, finalists and shortlisted entries of the 2017 Pro Carton Young Designers Award.
- and check out the videos and get an impression of the Award Gala.
Services for Design Schools and Universities:
We would be happy to support you with >> Publications on cartons and cartonboard, and, above all, complimentary cartonboard for the design work. We want to provide a real hands on learning experience for the students!
If you like us to send you cartonboard for your students you are most welcome to order free of charge here:
- Click here to enter your order/contact info
- Order by end of December for delivery in January or by end of February for delivery in March
- The cartonboard for this year´s Award is being sponsored by
It is also possible to arrange for Pro Carton members to come to your school or university and hold workshops on the numerous options that cartonboard and cartons offer (design, technology, production, marketing …).