2018 Carton Design Awards Announced!
Thanks to its great success over the last two years, the Pro Carton Young Designers Award is now one of Europe’s leading annual young talent competitions for packaging design. Focusing exclusively on cartonboard design, it also plays a pioneering role in promoting sustainability within the packaging industry.
We are excited to announce that submissions for the 2018 Pro Carton Young Designers Award will open in October and run right through until mid-May 2018, so stay tuned [LINK zur Facebook-Seite?]! Teachers can plan the Awards into the curriculum for the next academic year; and students, please encourage your teachers to let you take part. If you want to be kept up to date personally, please register for our enews.
Entries can be submitted in two categories:
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging: This category focusses on cartonboard as the most sustainable packaging material and its recyclability.
- Creative Cartonboard Ideas: Here’s a chance for you to put forward your cartonboard ideas outside of the packaging market. Think outside the box!
Ideally you should submit physical 3D samples of your designs but illustrations or two dimensional layouts are also welcome.
What you can win:
- The main prize for the two winners is one-week of practical training at an international packaging company and 2 days experience with a European cartonboard producer, all expenses paid.
- Furthermore, six finalists and their lecturers will be invited to the Gala Awards dinner and award ceremony at the European Carton Makers Association (ECMA) Congress in September 2018. The whole European folding carton industry will meet for this networking event of the year!
- All finalists will received framed certificates as will those that are shortlisted (c25 entrants) for the public voting.
- The winner of the Public vote will win a latest generation iPad as will one lucky voter.
For inspiration take a look at this year’s shortlist at #pcyda17 designs [LINK voting page) and vote for your favourite.
Further details and full rules to follow.
Services for Design Schools and Universities:
We would be happy to support you with >> Publications on cartons and cartonboard, and, above all, complimentary cartonboard for the design work providing a real hands on learning experience for the students.
It is also possible to arrange for Pro Carton members to come to your school or university and hold workshops on the numerous options that cartonboard and cartons offer (design, technology, production, marketing …).
Please let us know what we can do for you and contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vote for the #pcyda17!
Don’t forget to vote your favourite design on the shortlist of this year’s awards #pcyda 17! Please like and share the Award and its participants!