What can I enter?
Entries can be submitted in four categories:
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging Food & Drink
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging All – excluding Food & Drink
- Creative Cartonboard Ideas
- Save the Planet
How do I enter?
- All submitted materials – designs, layouts and/or models, empty packaging etc.
- must be true to scale, regardless of their actual size and use,
- must be made exclusively of cartonboard (over 200 g/m2),
- be folded and possibly glued.
- Designs need to be three-dimensional designs.
- Each entry must be registered online,
- Send your entry with a copy of the entry form to the Award office – so we can identify your physical entry
- If possible, all entries must be provided as print-ready versions (not larger than A3). A layout or description of one A4 page maximum must accompany all three-dimensional samples, models, empty packs etc. A description is desirable under all circumstances.
- Each entry should include a “Promote your Design” text comprising approx. 100 words as well as between one and up to a maximum of five photos of the design (please ensure good quality – no photo collages or images with text).
- Unless expressly requested otherwise, all shortlisted entries as selected by the jury will be included in the public voting for the Public Award on the Pro Carton website after the deadline for the entry has expired.
Who can participate?
The competition is aimed at all design students in Europe who are not working as professionals. They must not have completed their studies before the summer of 2019 (proof is to be supplied with the entry, e.g. student enrolment document). An entry gives the organisers the right to showcase the submitted concepts in a public exhibition, including publication, promotion and documentation of the competition.
What can I win?
- For the 4 category winners: The main prize for the category winners is a visit to the Stora Enso Mill in Sweden plus a practical training at an international carton converter.
- This is for the 4 winners and the other 6 finalists on top together with their teachers: An invitation to the award ceremony at the international ECMA Congress in Malta (maximum one person plus one teacher per entry) – travel expenses and accommodation all borne by Pro Carton.
- A special trophy
- A corresponding certificate
- International publicity and recognition: publication of prizes and prize winners (press releases, website and social media)
There will be one award winner for each category plus a total number of six finalists.
Where and when can I enter?
Entries must be received by
Pro Carton Young Designers Award
c/o Lejeune Association Management
Laan van Nieuw Oost-Indië 131-G
NL-2593 BM The Hague
no later than 17th May 2019 and be labelled “Pro Carton Young Designers Award“. They can be returned to the entrant upon special request and at their own cost and risk. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that their entries arrive on time.
What does entry cost?
Participation is free of charge. The organisers are not responsible for the submitted materials.
How does the jury work?
The jury consists of designers, brand owners, retailers as well as manufacturers of cartonboard and cartons. This ensures that the needs of the entire Supply Chain are taken into consideration.
Members of the jury, their relatives and the organisers are excluded from participating in the competition. Pro Carton retains the right to use all entries for public relations purposes. The decisions of the jury are final.
How does the public voting work?
Following the jury meeting early in June, the shortlisted designs will be presented on a voting page on this website. Furthermore all shortlisted designs will be promoted on our Social Media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
One vote can be cast per day. The voting ends on 10th September 2019. Users trying to manipulate this limit will be excluded.
The winner of the public voting will receive an iPad (Wi-Fi, 128GB) and a certificate as the public’s favourite. There will be a prize draw for a further iPad among all those voting on www.procarton.com
The winner will be drawn within early in October 2019 and will be notified by e-mail. If the winner does not respond to this mail within 7 days, the prize will be forfeited and there will be another draw for a new winner.
Multiple wins are not possible. The organiser’s decision is final. Prizes cannot be redeemed in cash.
The organisers will not pass on personal data nor disclose addresses to third parties.