PRO CARTON YOUNG DESIGNERS AWARD 2019!
The Pro Carton Young Designers Award is now one of Europe’s leading annual young talent competitions for packaging design. It also plays a pioneering role in promoting sustainability as it focuses exclusively on cartonboard design!
Entry is now closed.
Following the 1. round of judging the shortlisted designers will be informed shortly to send us their physical designs to the jury meeting in The Hague.
We will announce the the Public Voting early in July.
The winners will be announced at the Award Gala in Malta on 19th September.
We will invite the 4 category winners plus 6 Finalists to the Awards Gala Dinner which this year is in Malta. And the teachers of the finalists are also invited!
Entries can be submitted across four categories:
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging: Eat & Drink: The focus lies on cartonboard as the most sustainable food and beverages packaging material and its recyclability. Give us a taste of great design!
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging: All other: This category focusses on using the most sustainable packaging material for non-food packaging. Everything needs packaging, have a look around yourself and get inspired!
- Creative Cartonboard Ideas: Think outside the box! Here’s a chance for you to put forward your cartonboard ideas outside of the packaging market.
- Save the Planet: Every minute a truck load of plastics is dumped in the ocean. Show us your ideas as to how cartonboard can reduce or replace plastic and help us save the planet!
We have made a change to the entry procedure to make participation in the Pro Carton Young Designers Award 2019 easier as well as saving time and cost for you!
Please check the details here.
What you can win:
- The main prize for the 4 category winners is a visit to the Stora Enso in Sweden plus practical training at AR Packaging in Sweden. All expenses paid, of course!
- Furthermore, all winners, finalists and each of their lecturers will be invited to the Gala Awards dinner at the European Carton Makers Association (ECMA) Congress in September 2019 in Malta where the European folding carton industry will meet for this networking event of the year! All expenses will be covered by Pro Carton: Travel costs, 2 nights in a luxury hotel, the elegant Award Gala and even a budget for night out in Malta!
- All finalists will receive framed certificates.
For inspiration take a look at
- the winners, finalists and shortlist for the 2018 Pro Carton Young Designers Award.
- and check out the videos and get an impression of the Award Gala.