What can I enter?
Entries can be submitted in two categories:
- Creative Cartonboard Packaging
- Creative Cartonboard Ideas
How do I enter?
- All submitted materials – designs, layouts and/or models, empty packaging etc. – must be true to scale, regardless of their actual size and use, must be made exclusively of cartonboard (over 200 g/m2), be folded and possibly glued. Two and/or three-dimensional designs are accepted. Each entry must be registered online, and a copy of the entry form must accompany the submitted materials.
- If possible, all entries must be provided as print-ready versions (not larger than A3). A layout or description of one A4 page maximum must accompany all three-dimensional samples, models, empty packs etc. A description is desirable under all circumstances.
- Each entry should include a “Promote your Design” text comprising approx. 100 words as well as between one and up to a maximum of five photos of the design (please ensure good quality – no photo collages or images with text). Unless expressly requested otherwise, all shortlisted entries as selected by the jury will be included in the public voting for the Public Award on the Pro Carton website when the deadline expires.
Who can participate?
The competition is aimed at all design students in Europe who are not working as professionals. They may not have completed their studies before the summer of 2016 (proof is to be supplied with the entry, e.g. student enrolment document). An entry gives the organisers the right to showcase the submitted concepts in a public exhibition, including publication, promotion and documentation of the competition.
What can I win?
- This year, two key international Cartonboard and Carton Companies will sponsor the training of the winners – all expenses paid: (1) one-week practical training at Graphic Packaging International in the United Kingdom, (2) a two-day visit to Iggesund Paperboard in Sweden.
- An invitation to the award ceremony at the international ECMA Congress in Salzburg, Austria, for all finalists (maximum one person per entry) together with their teachers (lecturers, professors) – travel expenses and accommodation all borne by Pro Carton
- A special trophy
- A corresponding certificate
- International publicity and recognition: publication of prizes and prize winners (press releases, website and social media)
There will be one award winner for each category and a total of four finalists.
Where and when can I enter?
Entries must be received by
Pro Carton Young Designers Award
c/o Lejeune Association Management
Laan van Nieuw Oost-Indië 131-G
NL-2593 BM The Hague
no later than 25th May 2017 and be labelled “Pro Carton Young Designers Award“. They can be returned to the entrant upon special request and at their own cost and risk. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that their entries arrive on time.
What does entry cost?
Participation is free of charge. The organisers are not responsible for the submitted materials. These can be returned upon request at the end of the promotion for the competition at the cost and risk of the entrant.
How does the jury work?
The decisions of the jury are final. Members of the jury, their relatives as well as relatives and employees of the organisers are excluded from participating in the competition. Pro Carton retains the right to use all entries for public relations purposes.
How does the public voting work?
- When the deadline at the end of May expires, all designs will be presented on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn channels and our website www.procarton.com for voting.
- One vote can be cast per day. Users trying to manipulate this limit will be excluded. The voting ends on 20th September 2017.
- The winner of the public voting will receive an iPad Air and a certificate as the public’s favourite. There will be a prize draw for a further iPad among all users voting on www.procarton.com
- The winner will be drawn within one week after 21st September 2017 and will be notified by e-mail. If the winner does not respond to this mail within 7 days, the prize will be forfeited and there will be another draw for a new winner.
- Multiple wins are not possible. The organisers’ decision is final. Prizes cannot be redeemed in cash.
- The organisers will not pass on personal data nor disclose addresses to third parties.