The European Carton Excellence Award is Europe’s most prestigious award for cartonboard packaging. As cartonboard is renewable, recyclable and biodegradable, it is the perfect example of the circular economy. Not only that; it is also one of the best ways to communicate brand value, be it for luxury brands or everyday goods.
More ways to win than ever before!
Due to the fantastically high standard of entries in the past, we completely restructured the competition this year so that we could reward even more great cartons than ever before. We also wanted to showcase the best carton packaging produced on both recycled fibre and virgin board across all market sectors. The competition was therefore even more attractive to entrants as there were more opportunities to promote the wide range of capabilities and innovative solutions produced by the carton industry.
- The main winner: Carton of the Year
- Simply the best carton regardless of the material used
- 4 categories – 4 winners:
Enter your pack into one of these four categories:
- Food & Drink Packaging, Recycled Fibre
- Food & Drink Packaging, Virgin Fibre
The Food & Drink category includes all beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- General Packaging, Recycled Fibre
- General Packaging, Virgin Fibre
The General Packaging category encompasses everything that is not a Food or Drink.
- 3 special awards – 3 winners:
- Save the Planet: the best carton that has replaced or reduced a less sustainable material
- Innovation Award: the most innovative carton or material
Decide if you want your pack to also be considered for the Save the Planet or Innovation awards.
- Public Award: winner of the online public voting
- Platinum and Gold Awards – up to 20 winners
- In addition to the above awards the judges selected 20 packs that they believed also deserved recognition as either Platinum or Gold Award winners
- These honoured other outstanding packs produced on recycled fibre and virgin cartonboard across the various market sectors, from everyday grocery items and pharmaceuticals to luxury goods
- Special recognition: Professional Young Designer of the Year
- A new award to recognise an outstanding design talent. Awarded for the best carton or concept from a designer less
See the winners here!