This year, the European Carton Excellence Award, Europe’s most prestigious award for cartonboard packaging, celebrates its 25th anniversary. Cartonboard is the perfect example of the circular economy being renewable, recyclable and biodegradable. It is also one of the best in communicating brand values, whether that be for luxury brands or everyday goods.
The Award Ceremony of the European Carton Excellence is over. We feel overwhelmed by the incredible support of our big anniversary year!
The Hall of Fame 2021 is complete, and we are already looking forward to who will win next year!
The European Carton Excellence Award 2022 will be open for entries early in 2022.
Stay tuned! Sign me up to the newsletter!
If you have any questions, contact us:
Suzanne E. McEwen
Entries must have been sold on the European market within the last three years. Prototypes and mock ups are not eligible.
All partners of the supply chain are invited to enter: cartonboard manufacturers, carton converters, designers, brand owners and the retail trade.
We want to showcase the best carton packaging produced on both recycled fibre and virgin board across all market sectors. The competition will promote the wide range of capabilities and innovative solutions produced by the carton industry.
The categories are:
- Food & Drink Packaging, Recycled Fibre
- Food & Drink Packaging, Virgin Fibre
The Food & Drink category includes all beverages and alcoholic drinks’ packaging.
- General Packaging, Recycled Fibre
- General Packaging, Virgin Fibre
The General Packaging category encompasses everything that is not a Food or Drink.
In addition there will be two special awards:
- Save the Planet: the best carton that has replaced or reduced a less sustainable material
- Innovation Award: the most innovative carton or material
You decide if you want your pack to also be considered for the Save the Planet and/or Innovation awards.
- Platinum and Gold Awards
- In addition to the above awards the judges will also select a number of other entries that, even though they didn’t win one of the top awards, they believe deserve recognition as either Platinum or Gold Award winners.
- Public Award
- An award will also be given to the entry that wins the public vote.
Of course, the ultimate prize is The Carton of the Year
Simply the best carton regardless of substrate