The European Carton Excellence Award is Europe’s most prestigious award for cartonboard packaging. Cartonboard is the perfect example of the circular economy being renewable, recyclable and biodegradable. It is also one of the best in communicating brand values, whether that be for luxury brands or everyday goods.
So, give your packaging designers the recognition they deserve! Enter your most creative and successful ideas by
4th June 2020.
Entries must have been sold on the European market within the last three years.
All partners of the supply chain are invited to enter: cartonboard manufacturers, carton converters, designers, brand owners and the retail trade.
We want to showcase the best carton packaging produced on both recycled fibre and virgin board across all market sectors. The competition will promote the wide range of capabilities and innovative solutions produced by the carton industry.
The categories are:
- The overall winner: Carton of the Year
Simply the best carton regardless of substrate
- 4 main categories:
You will need to enter your pack into one of these four categories:
- Food & Drink Packaging, Recycled Fibre
- Food & Drink Packaging, Virgin Fibre
The Food & Drink category includes all beverages and alcoholic drinks’ packaging.
- General Packaging, Recycled Fibre
- General Packaging, Virgin Fibre
The General Packaging category encompasses everything that is not a Food or Drink.
- 2 special awards:
- Save the Planet: the best carton that has replaced or reduced a less sustainable material
- Innovation Award: the most innovative carton or material
You decide if you want your pack to also be considered for the Save the Planet and/or Innovation awards.
- Platinum and Gold Awards
- In addition to the above awards the judges will also select a number of other entries that, even though they didn’t win one of the top awards, they believe deserve recognition as either Platinum or Gold Award winners.
- Public Award
- An award will also be given to the entry that wins the public vote.