What can you enter?
- All entries must have been manufactured for sale.
- All entries must be manufactured on cartonboard produced by a member or overseas patron of Pro Carton.
- All entries must have been printed and converted by an ECMA or Pro Carton direct or indirect member.
- All entries must be produced predominantly from cartonboard or cartonboard laminated to microflute (with a depth of 1mm or less).
- Rigid boxes or similar made by covering board (usually grey board) with paper or a similar material will not be accepted.
- Paper cups will be accepted.
- All entries need to have achieved sales of at least 50,000 units per annum with the exception of “Luxury Goods” and “Innovative Material” categories which don’t have a minimum volume criteria.
- All entries must have been produced in 2016, 2017 or 2018 and sold on the European market.
- If entries need to be returned, this will be at the cost of the entrant.
- All entries should wherever possible contain the product for judging purposes. This is not essential for perishable goods. All entries must be submitted for one of the categories. Entries may be reclassified at the judges’ discretion.
- The carton manufacturer’s name should not appear on the carton if possible. If it does, it will be hidden from the judges.
- Three examples of each entry should be submitted.
- The entrant is responsible for brand owner approval.
- Pro Carton and ECMA reserve the right to use all entries for promotional purposes.
Who is eligible for entry?
- All partners of the supply chain can submit entries.
- Entrants can submit an unlimited number of entries.
When are the winners announced?
- The prizes will be awarded at the Award Gala during the ECMA Congress in Riga/Latvia on September 20th 2018.
Can we use the Pro Carton marketing material?
- Yes, you are welcome to use all the photos, texts, videos, etc. for your marketing purposes.
How to enter?
- Each entry must be accompanied by a “Promote your Packaging” text with approx. 100 words for Public Voting.
- A minimum of three samples, preferably with contents, should be submitted for judging.
- If the content is not available, please replace with a dummy or a photo to give an impression of the packaging/product.
- Entry forms should be completed as fully as possible in English or German.
- A signed copy of the entry form needs to be added to each entry.
- The completed online entry form will be used for the judging and therefore needs to be identical with the signed entry form – no additions will be accepted.
- Entries should be packed carefully and sent to:
European Carton Excellence Award
c/o Lejeune Association Management
Laan van Nieuw Oost-Indië 131-G
NL-2593 BM The Hague
What does an entry cost?
- Entry fee: EUR 200 per entry;
- Further entries per entrant/production unit: -25 %;
- The fee should be paid on receipt of invoice.
How does the jury work?
- The jury will judge each category individually according to its specific tasks and requirements.
- Each entry will be judged exclusively on the merits of the folded carton.
- All entries will also be judged for the “Carton of the Year” Award.
- The decisions of the jury are final.